The Merchandising Supervisor provides strategic leadership, financial and administrative oversight of New Store Openings. The supervisor is responsible for driving results for the overall success of the New Store Opening. This is mainly focused on “merchandising” and setup of the store, communication to purchasing, Field leader, and Executive Management Team. This position includes making quick decisions on store setup and constant communication with the Support Team to ensure Grand Open date is met on time. Support of the store staff and District Manager will be required for a period after Grand Opening. The purpose of the position is to provide leadership and support to create a successful brand model in each location.
The purpose of the position is to provide leadership and support to create a successful brand model in each location. This position also includes a training role of the pretest and exam aspect of the business, including My Refractive Services software and equipment.
● A Bachelor’s Degree in Retail, Marketing, Fashion or Business preferred.
● Minimum of 1-3 years retail management experience in a high volume/fast paced retail environment.
● Considerable knowledge of retail systems, HR practices and retail operations.
● Excellent communication and organizational skills.
● Ability to spend most of the day on your feet.
● Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
● Ability and drive in a fast paced environment with shifting priorities.
● Attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and execute tasks efficiently.
● Eligibility to work in the United States.
● Previous optical experience is a strong plus