The Merchandising Supervisor provides strategic leadership, financial and administrative oversight of New Store Openings. The supervisor is responsible for driving results for the overall success of the New Store Opening. This is mainly focused on “merchandising” and setup of the store, communication to purchasing, Field leader, and Executive Management Team. This position includes making quick decisions on store setup and constant communication with the Support Team to ensure Grand Open date is met on time. Support of the store staff and District Manager will be required for a period after Grand Opening. The purpose of the position is to provide leadership and support to create a successful brand model in each location.
When merchandising duties are not required due to opening schedule, this position will require alternative work to be completed in the retail location specified. More specifically duties of an OD Technician or Store Support Agent, see job descriptions for more details. All incentive structures for work outside of the role outlined above will not be applicable. Collaboration from the Retail/ Support Manager and Training Manager will assist with dual schedule requirements
● Effectively partner with Facilities and Training Team for preparations for NSO.
● Ensure proper scheduling of self for travel arrangements, meeting the needs of the business.
● Effectively unload, setup, and merchandise store according to provided outline.
● Communicate and delegate tasks according to time schedule to accomplish merchandising goals.
● Communicates effectively with Support Center to coordinate any facility and maintenance issues, and new store issues.
● Delegates tasks to accomplish objectives through others.
● Works cross functionally with Facilities Management and Operations for necessary changes or requests.
● Requires self and associates to adhere to the Company Mission Statement, Code of Excellence, and Company Mantra
Ability to Travel, Strong Verbal Communication Skills, Customer Service Skills, Organizational Skills, Multi-Tasking Skills, Interpersonal Skills, Leadership and Management Skills, Business Acumen, Technical Skill and Computer Knowledge
● A Bachelor’s Degree in Retail, Marketing, Fashion or Business preferred.
● Minimum of 1-3 years retail management experience in a high volume/fast paced retail environment.
● Considerable knowledge of retail systems, HR practices and retail operations.
● Excellent communication and organizational skills.
● Ability to spend most of the day on your feet.
● Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
● Ability and drive to thrive in a fast paced environment with shifting priorities.
● Attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and execute tasks efficiently.
● Eligibility to work in the United States.
● Previous optical experience is a strong plus